The FIA Law Wing has pivotal role in the Agency. It has been entrusted with the significant mandate as under;
- To scrutinize the reports u/s 173 Cr. P.C. 1898 and institute before Trial Court, conduct the Trial proceedings in cases registered under offences specified in the schedule of FIA Act, 1974 sent up for trial by the Agency in Special Courts and the courts subordinate to the High Courts. (Ref- Section 5-A of FIA Act, 1974).
- To assist / provide guidance in the legal matters during proceeding to enquiry / investigation officers.
- To tender legal comments / opinions after scrutinizing the Confidential Final Reports (CFRs) and appended papers.
- To scrutinize Case Diaries and refer to Circle Incharge for further action.
- The DD Law Zone is responsible to prepare comments / reply in respective High Courts, assist the Director Zone in administrative issues./li>
- To assists and furnish views and comments in administrative / policy matters.
- To represent and appear on behalf of FIA before Supreme Court of Pakistan, all High Courts, judicial and Quasi-Judicial Tribunal in Pakistan.
- To assist the Director Zone and Circle Incharge in the administrative matters.